Whether you have tons of jewelry pieces or simply have a diamond engagement ring and wedding band, your jewelry will not take care of itself. Eyal Cohen the diamond expert at Diamond by Eyal has listed the most important jewelry tips.
1. Avoid wearing your jewelry while exercising, showering, cooking, cleaning, swimming, washing the dishes, styling your hair, and putting on lotion. Our bodies have natural oils that can diminish the brilliance of the stone. Furthermore, household products, chlorine, bleach, and saltwater can damage your jewelry., the diamond expert at Diamonds by Eyal has provided essential tips that will help you care for your pieces.
2. Only deal with jewelers that you fully trust. And do not let your diamond engagement ring and other diamond jewelry out of your sight when dealing with a jeweler you don't know very well.
3. Insure your jewelry in the event that your piece is stolen or lost.
4. You can check for loose stones by holding your diamond piece close to your ear and gently tapping it. You will hear rattling if there are any loose stones. If you hear loose stones, see chipped stones or missing diamonds go to your jeweler as soon as possible.
5. Touching your diamond with your fingers will cause the stone to loose brilliance due to the fact that our fingers have natural oils.
6. Have your jewelry inspected every 6 months for loose or chipped stones, broken prongs, worn mountings, and other wear and tear.
7. Do not remove your engagement ring and wedding band in a public place, especially in a public restroom while washing your hands. The possibility of forgetting your ring ledge of the sink, losing the piece or dropping it down the drain is not worth the risk.
8. Have your jewelry professionally cleaned every 6 months. Over time particles will gather up on your diamond jewelry pieces. Cleaning the piece will give it a whole new look. Diamonds by Eyal offers free of charge diamond and jewelry cleaning to all customers.
9. Have your jewelry appraised when you first purchase the piece. Don't forget to have your jewelry re-appraised every 3-5 years.
10. Store your jewelry in a clean, dry, and safe place. When you take off your rings make sure you place them in a secure area.
What looks better than yellow under the simmering sun? Whether is it a yellow top, a bikini or sandals we can all agree that yellow is a must have this summer. We are choosing to focus on fancy yellow diamonds and yellow gold jewelry; a popular theme among customers at Diamonds by Eyal this summer.
In its natural state gold is yellow, however, it is mixed with other metals like copper in order to strengthen it for daily use. Yellow gold is easier to maintain than white gold because it does not have to be re-plated with rhodium to restore its color. The yellow gold trend stemmed from the red carpet; various celebrities have been spotted with yellow gold jewelry such as earrings, bracelets, even engagement rings. Not only does yellow gold offer warmth and shine it also is more practical. We believe this trend will increase in popularity and last through the cold months.
Fancy Yellow Diamonds
Most people are familiar with white diamonds and the white diamond color scale. Fancy yellow diamonds are not rated on the same scale as white diamonds. The scale for fancy yellow diamonds ranges from lightest, fancy light yellow to darkest, fancy vivid yellow. Although fancy yellow diamonds are quite expensive and rare they have captured the attention of investors and celebrities. As mentioned in one of our previous posts, these colored beauties are rapidly rising in price. Similar to gold, fancy yellow diamonds sparkle beautifully under the sun's rays.
If you would like to view our exclusive yellow gold and fancy yellow diamond collections, or if you have any inquiries feel free to call 561.999.8878
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
Mother's Day is Sunday, May 13, 2012, that is less than a month away. Hopefully you have made arrangements to show your mom how grateful you are. If you don't have gift yet, jewelry is always great, whether you are looking for a gift for you mom, mother-in-law, grandma, wife or sister, jewelry will surely bring a smile to her face. We have posted the Top 10 Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts below. Diamonds By Eyal is giving 50% off on all jewelry pieces for Mother's Day.
Investing in fancy colored diamonds has gained popularity over the past three decades. Fancy colored diamonds have significantly increased in value over the past years. Even the most conservative investors are investing in these colored beauties. Fancy diamonds are ageless and never loose their brilliant & sparkle. A fancy colored diamond is durable and transportable. It is also rare which makes it extremely valuable. For every 10,000 carats of white diamonds there is 1 carat of fancy diamonds. Investing in colored diamonds is considered a "long term investment" because it creates long-term prosperity for the investor. These rare diamonds maintain their value but appreciate greatly.
Researchers are expecting fancy colored diamonds to triple in price in the future.
The most common fancy color is yellow, while the rarest is red. Other fancy colors include blue, green, pink and orange. All fancy colored diamonds, whether yellow or red, are predicted to increase in price tremendously over the next 30 years.
Investing in fancy colored diamonds is a great way to preserve your wealth.If you decide to invest in fancy colored diamonds make sure the certificate has the word "natural" on it.
There is no better time than now to read about the Hearts and Arrows diamond cut. Most jewelers emphasize the importance of all the 4 "C"s; we like to focus on the cut. The cut is the most important "C" because it can enhance the brilliance of a stone and transform it from "dull" to brilliant".
Everyone purchasing a diamond should consider and know about the Hearts and Arrows (H&A). The H&A diamond is one of our absolute favorites. The Hearts and Arrows Diamond is cut and aligned to "ideal" proportions. H&A Diamonds are precision cut variations of the 57 faceted brilliant round cut. Hearts and Arrows are extraordinary in delivering high brilliance, fire and sparkle. The symmetry of the H&A allows light to enter and reflect back out. The brilliance makes the diamonds appear larger and whiter. We like to say "diamonds are like people, some diamonds are dull while others are blooming with happiness". The Hearts and Arrows diamond is a diamond that stands out from the crowd. The brilliance of the Hearts and Arrows is superior to that of other fine cut diamonds of the same size.
The Hearts and Arrows diamond originated in Japan in the mid 1980's. They became popular in the United States around the 1990's. Since the Hearts and Arrows have optically perfect symmetry they take much longer to cut than other diamonds. Less than 1% of diamonds are qualified as Hearts and Arrows. The Hearts and Arrows are superior in value and price.
With the use of Hearts and Arrows viewer you can see the symmetric patterns of the Hearts and Arrows diamond. When viewing a Hearts and Arrows from the top (crown) you will see 8 symmetrical arrows. When flipped over to the pavilion side you will see a pattern of 8 hearts with small "V" shapes.
Diamonds By Eyal has an unmatched inventory of Hearts and Arrows diamonds. Call to make an appointment so you can see these beauties.
Once you've determined what cut, color, and clarity grade you're looking for in a diamond, it's easy to determine the carat weight of diamond that will fit within your budget.
When diamonds are mined, large gems are discovered much less frequently than small ones, which makes large diamonds much more valuable. In fact, diamond prices rise exponentially with carat weight. So, a 2-carat diamond of a given quality is always worth more than two 1-carat diamonds of the same quality.
To choose the best carat weight of diamonds, consider her style, the size of her finger, the size of your setting, and your budget. If you have a set budget, explore all your options and at Diamonds by Eyal you'll find that there is a wide range of diamond carat weights and qualities available in your price range.
If your recipient is very active or not used to wearing jewelry, she may find herself bumping or nicking her new ring. Consider a smaller size diamond or a setting that protects a larger diamond from getting knocked against doors and counters. Also keep in mind that the smaller the finger, the larger the diamond will appear. A 1½-carat diamond solitaire looks much larger on a size 4 finger than a size 8. If you have already chosen a setting, make sure you choose a diamond to fit.
Look for the diamond size specifications of your ring or ask your Diamonds by Eyal diamond and jewelry expert what size diamond you should look for.
Finally, if a large carat weight is important to you, yet you're working within a budget, please call Diamonds by Eyal to find the perfect stone for you. But the best way to determine what size is best is by getting an idea of what she is expecting. If you plan carefully, you can get some answers without even raising her suspicions.